Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Arrival of Our Stuff

After many weeks of waiting patiently, our shipment finally arrived from the UK today. There have been a few things that we've really missed not having, like proper cutlery and warm clothes, and so we've really been looking forward today.

When the boxes first arrived, before I'd even opened them, it actually made me feel a bit home sick. Perhaps it's because the last time I saw them was just as we were saying all our goodbyes, or perhaps it's because it made being here feel very real, and not just a holiday anymore.

But as soon as we got stuck into opening and unpacking the boxes I felt better. It's so exciting finding things that I'd forgotten I packed! It's also been quite amusing finding random things, and wondering why on earth we decided to ship them to the other side of the world!

I'm looking forward to eating our first meal from a proper plate with proper knives and forks! Simple things eh?!


From Croydon to Wellington in one piece.....

......well, nearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment