Now that we've settled into our jobs and the flat is relatively sorted, we've got time just to enjoy 'normal' life in Wellington. This Saturday, we cooked brunch at home, went out for a coffee together, then I went to explore the shops by myself for the afternoon. There are some great little boutique type shops, especially on Cuba street. There are also a lot of 'vintage' shops, which are basically posh second hand stores. I did try to look round a few of these, but I just don't think I'm cool enough to pick out stuff that actually looks good rather than just a bit old and weird. I think I'll soon miss my favourite shops in the UK, although I still managed to find a few things to buy today. Being able to wander back home from the shops really reminded me of the shopping trips that I go on with mum, Em and Jo in Birmingham- we'll definitely have to book in trip when I'm back!
Another lovely coffee house
Sunday has been another chilled out day. Jon spent the afternoon cooking up steak and ale pies, with veg brought from market and meat for our local shop. My only contribution was making the letters to go on top (Jon is keen for me to point out that he had nothing to do with this!)
I like to think Nan would have been proud
No comments:
Post a Comment