Last night we went to see a gig by The Roseneath Centinneal Ragtime Band. One of our friends here used to be a music teacher, and she always keeps an eye out for music events going on in Wellington. She sends round an e-mail called 'Here comes treble' with up coming gigs and links with info about the bands etc (it was her that told us about the Balkan Gypsy Brass band a few weeks ago!). These guys are from Wellington, and they have a massive local following - I've heard about them from a few different people. Last night was their final show for a few years as they're off to America, so we decided to go. There was quite a big group of us, and it was absolutely brilliant! It's not the sort of music I would normally listen to, but it kept everyone dancing all night! I took some video but I don't know how to upload it onto the blog, so I've just put in a link to their webpage instead:

No comments:
Post a Comment