I was on a course on Saturday, so I was keen to get outside today to enjoy the fresh air. We jumped on a bus for about 15 minutes up into the hills of Karori, to a park called Otari Wilton's bush, which is a botanic garden dedicated solely to native plants. Maori originally used the forest for hunting, and the name 'Otari' means 'place of snares'. Job Wilton was one of the early land owners, who preserved 17 acres of the original forest and fenced it off, which is how the reserve got it's name.
Being such a dense forest also meant that there were loads of birds singing away. I tried to get pictures of them, but they seemed to be a bit camera shy! It was a really lovely Sunday stroll, and I'm sure we'll be back.
Listening to the Birds
Ferns
Those houses have a nice view.....




No comments:
Post a Comment