In order to spend as much time at home as possible, we chose a direct flight back to Australia with no over night stops. The flight left the UK on Monday night, and we arrived in Oz on Wednesday morning. We dropped off our bags at the apartments that we'd booked for our first week, but it was too early to check in. So, without so much as a shower or cup of tea, we headed into Melbourne city to get a few things sorted. We got phone cards and went to the bank, got something to eat, then went back to the apartments to check in properly. I tried my hardest to stay awake, but fell into a jet lagged slumber for an hour or so. We knew we'd struggle if we slept too much, so we went for a walk and got some dinner that evening, then crashed out ready for an early start in the morning for my first day at work.
My work had originally hoped that I could start full time on the Monday before I even arrived, so I compromised by saying that I would go in for two mornings to get a handover from the girl that I'm covering before she finished. It was all a bit of a jet lagged blur, but it allowed me to sort out a few HR issues so that I was ready to start properly a week later.
First morning in Melbourne


No comments:
Post a Comment