Thursday, 18 April 2013

Location, Location, Location

After lots of deliberation, we decided to move into a flat right in the centre of town. It's a fairly new development, and so unlike a lot of the older properties burried up in the hills there isn't any problems with it getting cold or damp. It's a five minute walk to the supermarket, Friday food market, Sunday fruit market and the harbour (and the pub and the curry house!). It's also about a ten minute bike ride to get to Wellington Hospital, which is where Jon will be working, and where I can get the free shuttle bus up to the site where I will be working. That means that hopefully we won't need to get a car, as the train station is also only about 20 minutes walk away. But my favourite thing is the view. We're up on the tenth floor, and we look out over Mount Victoria. I think I'm going to waste a lot of time staring out of that window....!

We got the flat on Monday, which was really handy as I didn't start work until Tuesday. Furniture was a little thin on the ground at the beginning of the week, but at least now we have chairs and a bed!


View of Mount Vic from the Balcony

Rainbow over Mount Alfred (or Albert, can't remember which is which)

No table, chairs or cutlery.  Good excuse for pizza!

Getting ready for Work

No comments:

Post a Comment