Saturday, 27 April 2013

Plimmerton

I wanted to make the most of the ongoing good weather today, so we went on an outing to a funny little place called Plimmerton.  We jumped on the train at Wellington, then travelled North a few stops past where I work.  Apart from the sea and houses, there was virtually nothing there, but it was lovely.  We walked for about an hour along the sea front, working up an appetite for lunch. I'd read about the 'greek fish and chips' in a review, and it was just that.  A fish and chip shop run by an old greek couple in the middle of New Zealand - and the verdict? Best chippie ever! We think it's worth getting the train all the way up there just for the take away!


Scenic Railway

A Walk around the Coast

Not sure I'd fancy living quite that close to the sea!

Pretty

Think this train must have taken a few wrong turn....

Yet another Stunning Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment